Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Day 3 and 4-settling in

So the wifi at my new hotel did not start working until late last night, hence the delay in my third journal entry.
That's right, I am at a new hotel, the Citadines Porte de Versailles, to be precise. I am being put up here for a month as a part and parcel of the 6000 "program fee" for my Travel-study program.
Since I'm in an "extended stay hotel," designed for travelers spending at least 4 to 5 nights, I enjoy the luxury of a kitchenette, complete with pots, pans, and utensils in my room.
The hotel is in the 14th arroindessment, near the Blvd. Periphique and within a mile of the Cite Universitaire, where the course component of my program meets.
The program is relatively relaxed and looks like it will be an enjoyable experience. Classes only meet two times a week (three times in the week of 8 July) for three-hour sessions, ending at 12pm each day. That gives ample time to explore the city, have lunch and what not.
On Sunday, I went to the Champ du Mars (by myself: the program hadn't started yet) and got a great view of the Eiffel Tower. Yesterday I strolled on the Rue di Rivoli with some friends, visited the Ile de Cite (but stupidly did not enter the Notre Dame Cathedral) and had a picnic with wine on the Champs de Mars with buddies from the program.
Today, after I finish this, I want to get out and explore some more, although I hear that many of the museums are closed today or Wednesday (they alternate).
Anyway, I think I've taken up enough of my own (and your own) time on this for today. Good-bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment